OTI, Operational Technology Integrators, is seeking qualified applicants for Systems Integration Project Manager in the Midwest and East Coast. Candidates must have experience working remotely in a leadership role. Experience managing multiple simultaneous $1 million projects a plus.
OTI specializes in installing, programming, and integrating control systems and other IOT building technologies for commercial buildings including retail properties, data centers, commercial office buildings, hospitals and higher education facilities. We offer end-to-end support for existing systems, new control installations and ongoing OT/IT network management. Our team is distributed throughout North America with project work ongoing in more than 40 states.
Under minimal supervision, the successful Project Manager will manage multiple projects by overseeing efforts related to the installation, programming, commissioning and general servicing of a range of automatic control systems for a variety of clients. These systems include HVAC, power metering, lighting control, access control, video surveillance and fiber optic networks.
The person in this position is responsible for customer satisfaction through direct, on site management plus consistent email/phone communication and an effective implementation strategy executed with precise attention to detail. With advanced technical competence, the OTI Project Manager attends project meetings and works closely with control technicians, service technicians and mechanical technicians on approximately 10-15 building automation projects per year. The PM is responsible for all required project and service documentation, budgets and project timelines.
- Attend project meetings in person and via teleconference.
- Demostrate technical compentency of complex control systems, integration strategies, and project schedules related to digital controls systems.
- Consult with the customer regarding data gathered from various systems and site assessments.
- Assist sales by providing technical recommendations for sales leads.
- Manage work and project teams to meet professional and efficient execution of all assigned projects with the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Report problems or changes to management immediately. Interface with Account Manager(s) or subcontractor(s) on projects to coordinate activities as required in an ethical and professional manner.
- Provide sketches of field changes and discrepancies for engineering corrections and drawings. May assist with job layouts and bid proposals.
- Communicate with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site.
- Meet regularly with customer to become familiar with operating problems. Keep customer informed on the nature of service provided, outstanding issues and recommendations for system enhancements, upgrades and/or replacements. Promote the sale of add-on work.
- Adhere to all OTI and customer safety standards. Provide safety leadership and instruction to all controls technicians. Provide safety awareness while working onsite with OTI subcontractors.
- Assist in the education and training efforts for control systems operations upon completion of installation and commissioning processes.
- Vocational school, four year program graduate or an Associates degree in electronics, mechanical systems, computer technology, air conditioning or similar field.
- Relevant experience in HVAC Controls, Lighting Controls, or Access Controls may offset education requirements.
Must have the following professional abilities
- Effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to customers and other outside contacts in an ethical and professional manner.
- Verifiable understanding of computer programs and software applications related to the HVAC industry.
- Proficient in standard Windows computer programs in a Windows 10 environment including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Sharepoint).
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and customers
Preferred professional abilities include
- Knowledge of the Niagara AX and/or Niagara 4 Framework(s)
- Johnson Controls FX, Honeywell WEBs, KMC, Distech Controls or EasyIO programming knowledge.
- Familiarity with 3rd Party Commissioning.
Pay and Benefits
OTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The successful candidate will receive competitive compensation depending on qualifications. Our full benefits package includes medical, vision and dental insurance along with a 401k plan that includes company contributions. Paid vacation time is also offered.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.