Operational Technology Integrators (OTI) is seeking qualified applicants for Controls Field Technicians in our Pleasant Hill, CA office. Candidates must live in and be willing to work in the greater San Francisco Bay Area. OTI specializes in installing, programming, and integrating control systems and other IOT building technologies for commercial buildings including data centers, commercial office buildings, hospitals and higher education.
Under minimal supervision, conducts installation, programming and commissioning and general servicing of automatic control systems (including detailed troubleshooting of systems). These systems may include HVAC, Power Metering, Lighting Control, Access Control, and Video Surveillance. Responsible for high levels of customer satisfaction through direct, on site, customer interface. With a high level of complete technical competence, mentors control technicians, service technician and mechanical technicians on building automation activities. Properly completes required project and service documentation.
- Diagnoses and repairs complex control systems malfunctions requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems and ability to test and write modifications in multiple languages of systems software.
- Consults with the customer through data gathered and site assessments. Assists sales by providing technical recommendations for sales leads.
- Manages assigned work to meet professional and efficient execution of time and customer satisfaction. Reports problems or changes to management immediately. Interfaces with project manager or subcontractors on projects to coordinate activities as required in an ethical and professional manner.
- Provides sketches of field changes and discrepancies for engineering corrections and drawings. May assist with job layouts and bid proposals.
- Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction. Meets regularly with customer to become familiar with operating problems. Keeps customer informed on the nature of service provided, outstanding issues and recommends system enhancements, upgrades, and or replacement. Promotes the sale of add-on work.
- Adheres to all OTI and customer safety standards. Provides safety leadership and instruction to all controls technician. Provides safety awareness while working on site with subcontractors.
- Trains the customer in control systems operations.
Other duties related to the commissioning and servicing of building controls and facilities management systems and energy management systems as assigned.
- Vocational school, four year program graduate or an Associates degree in electronics, mechanical systems, computer technology, air conditioning or similar field.
- Relevant experience in HVAC Controls, Lighting Controls, or Access Controls may offset education requirements.
Must have the following professional abilities
- Effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to customers and other outside contacts in an ethical and professional manner.
- Must have demonstrated understanding of computer programs and software applications as related to the HVAC Industry.
- Must be proficient with standard Windows computer programs in a Windows 10 environment, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and customers
Preferred professional abilities include
- Knowledge of the Niagara AX and/or Niagara 4 Framework(s)
- KMC Controls, Honeywell WEBs, Johnson Controls FX, or EASYIO programming knowledge
- Familiarity with 3rd Party Commissioning
- We offer competitive compensation, as well as medical and dental benefits and 40lk.